Finding Support Groups & Useful Information
When you or a loved one is in need of mental health support, treatment or services, it’s difficult to know where to start. Even if you’re scared or nervous about looking for help, the first step in a healthy direction is always worth taking. Below, you’ll find a list of national resources that we hope will be of value to you in your quest to learn more about behavioral health.
National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention – The National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention is a nonprofit organization devoted to transforming health systems and reducing the number of suicides with innovative suicide prevention and care.
American Psychological Association – The American Psychological Association is the largest scientific and professional organization representing psychology in the United States.
National Association of Psychiatric Health Systems – The National Association of Psychiatric Health Systems (NAPHS) offers advocacy as well as clinical, financial and administrative resources for psychiatric patients and providers.
National Alliance on Mental Illness – The National Alliance on Mental Illness is a nonprofit, grassroots, self-help support and advocacy organization for consumers, families and friends of those affected by mental illness.
National Mental Health Information Center – The National Mental Health Information Center provides mental illness facts, mental health services and health tips.
- National Institute of Mental Health
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA)
- National Institute on Drug Addiction (NIDA)
- Partnership For A Drug-Free America
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Scientific Information About Addictive Diseases
- American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM)
- National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information (SAMHSA)
- National Institute of Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA)
- National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA)
Education & Support
- Child and Adolescent Bipolar Foundation
- Children & Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Mental Health America (MHA)
- National Depressive and Bipolar Support Alliance
- National Mental Health Association
- National Council for Aging Care
- American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry
- National Association of Addiction Professionals
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- National Association of Social Workers
- American Psychiatric Association
Self Help Groups & Associations