Adult Mental Health Intensive Outpatient
Outpatient Mental Treatment for Adults
The Mental Health Intensive Outpatient Program (MH-IOP) at Rolling Hills is comprised of intensive group therapy, relaxation training, and coping skills education for adults experiencing mental health issues.
The goal of the IOP is to promote the highest level of functioning of each patient through interactive education groups, skill-building groups, activity groups, and processing groups. We also have a separate Substance Abuse IOP for patients who require additional counseling for substance use issues.
Our program is facilitated by licensed counselors and can provide a higher level of therapeutic care than individual therapy. In a group setting, individuals learn about mental health and how to cope with life’s daily stressors. Groups include several topics designed to help individuals identifying maladaptive strategies that promote emotional distress and replace those with more healthy strategies.
WHEN IS ADULT IOP THE RIGHT FIT?
This program can serve as a step down from inpatient hospitalization, partial hospitalization or a step up from individual therapy. The program duration is customizable to the individual’s needs, but in most cases can last anywhere between four to six weeks.
ADMISSIONS CRITERIA FOR MH-IOP
- 18 years old or older
- A diagnostic assessment which indicates the individual’s need for intensive outpatient provided at no cost
- Commitment to IOP. The motivation for treatment may be external (court-ordered, family ultimatum) or internal (individual has made the decision themselves to change).
- Stressors in the individual’s life warrant multiple therapy sessions per week but do not exceed the individual’s ability to manage stressors with the added support of IOP and the individual’s personal resources.
- Individuals are able to function at appropriate level to manage their own safety outside of the treatment environment. The individual’s family members, significant others and/or living situation does not pose a threat to the individual’s safety or engagement in treatment.
- The patient does not need medication management to be provided by Rolling Hills.
- The individual does not meet the criteria for acute hospitalization or is experiencing a failure of outpatient treatment.
- Must have reliable transportation
MH-IOP PROGRAM HOURS
MH-IOP at Rolling Hills Hospital meets Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Each treatment day consists of psycho-education and therapeutic process groups, with each patient meeting with a psychiatrist once for evaluation purposes.
Rolling Hills Hospital
2014 Quail Hollow Cir.
Franklin, TN 37067
Admissions Center: 615-807-4059
Hospital Main Line: 615-628-5700